By imitating the different movement patters of animals, whilst playing tag, the children are challenged to use a wide range of gross locomotor skills.
- The tagger chooses which animal everyone will be (including themselves) and the children move around in the same way as the animal.
- When a child is tagged, he or she becomes the tagger.
- The child who is tagged chooses a different animal and everyone moves in the same way as the animal.
- Examples of animals that are fun to imitate include: frogs, penguins, crabs (hands and feet on the floor with the back on the floor whilst moving sideways), monkeys, bears (hands and feet on the floor with stiff legs) and snakes.
- It may be necessary to change the area in which one is playing for this game. If the children will be moving around slowly, the area must be smaller than if they are moving around quickly.
No equipment required.