In Balloon on a Stick, the children practise throwing and hitting a target.
- Attach a balloon to a stick and place it in the snow. The balloon can also, for example, be attached to a tree.
- Mark an area from where the children will throw, e.g. with hula hoops or a line in the snow.
- The children throw aiming for the balloon.
- In this activity, you can control the difficulty level by creating several throwing stations and potentially more balloons to throw at. For instance, place hula hoops at various distances from the balloon, so the children can choose where to throw from and thereby challenge themselves. Make sure that they throw in the same direction, so the children are not hit by any snowballs.
- In the absence of sticky snow, you can use balls instead.