In Cone Thief, the children will have a moderate to vigorous-intensity activity level when they run and steal cones/bean bags for their side of the play area. The children cooperate within their own team to steal as many cones as possible from the other team.
- Divide the children into two teams on each side of the play area.
- Place an equal number of cones/bean bags on each side.
- On a signal, each team steals as many cones/bean bags onto their side. They are only allowed to steal one cone/bean bag at a time.
- Upon a signal, the game stops and the number of cones/bean bags each team has are counted.
- For progression in the game, a rule could be introduced that allows them to catch children from the other team, who have stolen a cone/bean bag. If a child has stolen a cone/bean bag and is caught, they must return the cone/bean bag and go to their side of the play area.
Cones, bean bags or, for example, pinecones