In this activity the children practise numbers and quantities by playing with a ball.
- The children sit in a circle and roll the ball to each other.
- The children catch the ball with two hands and say the number or number of dots their hands land on.
- To challenge motor skills further, you can get the children to throw the ball to each other.
- For progression, you can write numbers 1-12 or 1-20 in the squares on the ball.
- For additional progression for the oldest children, they can practise adding the numbers that each hand lands on.
A ball with numbers (write the numbers 1-6 in the squares on the ball, and in the other sections draw dots like a dice)