In this activity, the children get a lot of practise throwing a ball, thereby challenging eye-hand coordination.
- Spread all available balls around in the play area.
- Place a basket (bucket or similar) in the centre, and mark an area around the basket (e.g. with a skipping rope), which the children are not allowed to step into.
- In this game, the children try to put all the eggs (the balls) in the basket in the shortest possible time. The children throw the eggs in the basket without stepping inside the marked area. They are allowed to step into the area to collect balls outside the basket.
- Alternatively, the adult can time how long they take to put all the eggs in the basket, and see whether they manage to beat their own time on the second attempt.
- To make the game more difficult, you can increase the children’s throwing distance. It is also possible to create different distances to the basket, where the youngest children can be closer than the eldest.
Many small balls