In this game, the children become familiar with a range of geometric shapes while they are moving.
- Place the cutout shapes on the floor at one end of the play area.
- Gather the children on the other side.
- Thereafter, the children are given the task of fetching each shape one after the other to create a picture (e.g. a bus – what shapes do the children need to fetch to build a bus?).
- The adult can propose what the children shall build, or the children can have less restricted tasks where they are creative and then explain what they have made afterwards.
- The game can be varied by letting the children work individually, in pairs or small groups.
- To make the game more motorically challenging, you can add an obstacle course for the children to run through when fetching the shapes.
Several cutout shapes in various sizes (more than one of the same shape are required)