In this activity, the children get a lot of practise throwing at cones, thereby challenging eye-hand coordination.
- Divide the room with a bench and place cones on the bench.
- The children spread out behind a line (or a skipping rope or bench) 2.5 metres from the bench with cones.
- Place many balls behind the line where the children are standing.
- When the game starts, the children shall knock the cones down off the bench.
- As a variation, you can have different types of balls, cones or, for example, bottles.
- To make the game more difficult, you can increase the distance to the bench.
- You can turn the game into a team competition by dividing the children into two groups with each team standing on each side of the play area. Each team shall now try to knock down the other teams’ cones.