In Mail Carrier, the children run at a high-intensity pace to deliver and collect letters and parcels.
- The children stand in rows (approx. three children).
- The first child in the row delivers the ‘mail’, i.e. runs and delivers a ball or similar object in a basket (the mailbox), and then runs back again.
- The next child in the row collects the ‘mail’.
- The third child delivers the mail again and the next child collects it. The number of rounds is optional.
- This game can be played in the preschool’s outdoor play area where spades are used as letters or parcels and buckets mailboxes.
- Obstacles can be added along the mail carrier’s route to make it more challenging.
- If you have access to a wall bar (or climbing frame), bean bags can be used as letters, which are posted through the wall bar. The children climb as high as they want on the wall bar before posting a letter through it. The next mail carrier collects the letter that is now on the floor.
Balls/other equipment that can be letters and parcels