In this activity, the children work with shapes and mathematical concepts by making different sized shapes with rope.
- The children form groups and make different shapes with rope or something similar. The children can hold the rope in the air or place it on the ground.
- Talk about shapes and sizes with the children.
- Let the children step inside the different shapes on the ground. Which shape has the largest and least space?
- What can we do with the shape to get more space?
- What can we make that only has enough room for two people?
- What shape can we make that has enough room for all the children and adults?
- How many different shapes can the children make with rope?