This game challenges the children’s working memory. They must remember what movement is connected to the name of each child.
- All the children stand at arm’s length in a circle.
- One child starts by saying their name and doing an optional movement, for example, “My name is Anne and I (hop).
- Afterwards, they all answer: “Your name is Anne and you” (everyone does the movement, i.e. hops).
- This continues the whole round until everyone has said their name and done a movement.
- This round is followed by another round, but without each child saying their name. The adult points to one child and everyone says the child’s name and does the movement the child has chosen. The game continues this way around the circle.
- An extra challenge could be to point to the children randomly.
No equipment required.