In this activity, the children challenge their motor skills whilst in control of a newspaper.
Examples of different tasks the children can do with the newspaper:
- Can you run with newspaper on your chest without holding it?
- Can you balance the paper on your head, on your hand, on your leg or back?
- Put the newspaper page on the floor and try to balance on the outside edge of the page.
- Put the newspaper page on the floor. Can you blow it over to the other side? Blow and crawl/wiggle following the sheet of paper.
- Put the newspaper page on the floor and stand on top with bare feet. Can you crinkle the sheet of paper up?
- Make a ball with the newspaper page. Can you throw it in the bucket?
- Exercise in pairs: One pair plays together with one newspaper.
- Can you move around the room at the same time as you hold the newspaper and balance a light ball on it?
One sheet (double) of newspaper for each child