This activity particularly challenges children’s sense of equilibrium and balance.
- One or more children sit on a snow carpet.
- With the carpet behind them, the adult pulls the carpet of children in various directions, i.e. straight ahead, in the shape of an eight, in zigzags, etc.
- The difficulty level can be increased by allowing the children to lie on their stomachs or back, sit on their bottoms, stand on their knees or on all fours.
- The children can also pull each other.
- The children can also play in pairs where one child sits on their knees on a bum sledge and holds a rope that the other child pulls to drag and turn the sledge around.
- Can the children find other ways of pushing and pulling each other around the play area?
Snow carpet or bum sledge