In Shadow Race, the children shall work in pairs where one of the children shall challenge the other to suddenly change direction. This requires coordination and agility, in addition the game demands concentration.
- One of the children stands in front of the other. The child in front leads the game.
- The child at the back now runs after the child in the front like a shadow.
- The child in the front suddenly changes direction, which the shadowing child must also do as quickly as possible.
- After a short period of time, the children switch roles.
- For variation and progression allow one of the children to run down a short track changing directions as the child pleases, whilst the other child watches. Afterwards, the other child runs down the same track. This requires great attentiveness and memorisation to remember the route. Thereafter, the children switch roles. The children can gradually make the tracks longer.
No equipment required.