Through this game, the children experience how different letters, numbers or shapes look through their bodies. The game could also be a cooperation activity whereby several children shape the given task together. By adding dance or something else between the tasks, the intensity of the game also increases.
- The game can be played individually or in groups.
- The children can dance freely whilst the music is playing, but when the music stops, they receive a task.
- The task is to form a letter, number or shape with their bodies. The adult holds up a picture of what the children shall form. The letter, number or shape can be formed lying down on the floor or standing.
- For progression, the letter can be uttered instead of shown.
- For further progression, a picture can be shown, e.g. of an animal and the adult together with children discover the first letter of the animal and form the shape of the letter.
Preferably music, but this is not essential
Laminated sheets of paper or other equipment showing what you want the children to shape