This activity challenges eye-hand coordination. It’s an individual activity.
- The child begins with one stone in their hand and five on the ground.
- He/she is now challenged to throw the stone in their hand up in the air and to try and grab another stone while the stone is in the air. The child then catches the stone that is in the air with the same hand it was in before it hits the ground.
- If the child is able to do so, he/she places one stone in each hand. He/she throws a stone up in the air and tries to grab another stone on the ground, and then catches the stone that is in air.
- If the child can do this as well, he/she places two stones in one of his/her hands and throws one stone up in the air again, and tries to grab another stone on the ground.
- The child tries to grab all six stones.
Six small stones (the size of a small die)