When playing Superman, the children run around at a high-intensity pace as they race against a ball to get around the circle first. The game has intervals in that the children alternate between running and standing in the circle passing the ball. The game is a good cooperation exercise, since the children standing in the circle must cooperate on passing the ball between themselves as quickly as possible.
- The children stand in a circle.
- One of the children holds a ball.
- Superman (one child) stands behind the child with the ball.
- Upon a signal, the children pass the ball around the circle (passing it to the nearest child), whilst Superman runs on the outside of the circle at the same time (in the same direction as the ball).
- The children now race to be the first one back to the starting point!
- Change the children in the next round.
- You can vary the game by changing the way the ball is passed, for example, above the head, behind the back, whilst squatting and so forth.
- The size of the ball can also be varied; the game might be more difficult with a small ball.