In the Sun Shines on…, the children must listen to instructions and assess how to act. The game requires concentration and language skills.
- The children sit on their own stool in a circle; one child stands in the centre without a chair.
- The child in the centre, for example, says, “The sun shines on those wearing black clothes.”
- All the children wearing black clothes must now stand up and find a different chair. The child in the centre hurries to find a vacant chair.
- The child who does no find another chair is now in the centre and gives different instructions.
- The child in the centre can give instructions about anything, or you can decide what instructions they shall give. For instance, about colours on the clothes they are wearing or what they like to do or eat.
A chair for each child (or, for example, a seat cushion or hula hoop)