The Throwing Game activity stimulates the children’s kinaesthetic and tactile senses. The children also practise basic motor skills and eye-hand coordination at the same time.
- Find a slightly sloping hill. Some of the children can throw, for example, cones, balls, chestnuts or sticks.
- The children throw the object.
- The children run to fetch the object, pick it up and walk up again to the starting point.
- Throw-run-fetch and walk up again.
- One child throws, another picks the object up and gives it to the child who threw it. A variation could also be throwing the object backwards.
Cones, balls, chestnuts or sticks.