In this game the children develop their locomotor skills through moving in different ways.
- Place a few hula hoops on the ground. These are bus stops.
- Give one or more children (depending on how many children are playing the game) a hula hoop which they step into and hold around their stomachs. These are the buses.
- Those who do not have a hula hoop divide themselves between the bus stops in the play area.
- The buses can now drive between the hula hoops and pick up passengers whom they transport to another optional bus stop. The passengers get on the bus by holding onto the hoop behind the bus driver.
- Remember to change bus drivers after a short period of time.
- Examples of different ways to move around are walking, running, jumping, hopping, galloping, all of which can be done moving forwards, backwards and sideways.