Hospital Tag is a moderate to vigorous-intensity variant of tag. The game also challenges cooperation in that the children must collaborate in order to transport patients to hospital. The children’s strength is also challenged by having to pull ill children.
- Played in groups.
- Mark out an area for the game and tell the children that the mat is the hospital.
- One or two children are pests and shall make the other children ill by touching them.
- The tagged children lie down on the floor waiting to be transported to hospital (the mat).
- The ill child recovers when two children grab both his/her arms and take him/her to hospital. None of the children can be tagged when they are busy with transporting an ill child to hospital.
- One variation of the game is that four more children are needed to transport a child to hospital (one child for each arm and leg). Many children must be playing the game to do this.
Mattress or mat